Monday, December 31, 2007

Bonnie & Mike Witte

Mike and I have been keeping busy with the usual things: work and family. He has about one year left at Delphi (that's when they are saying it will close its doors) and I'm still with Curves.

We have a new grandson Connor who'll be 8 months old by the time you read this. Allie (almost 14) has been busy with the high school band and track, Cara (8.5 yrs.) played ball this summer and so did Kevin (4.5 yrs.). We went to events for the kids and cheered them on.

As of this writing we are on vacation and have been doing short trips and of course piddling around the house. We've been to several Reds games and saw fireworks show after the game July 2. It was awesome!!! Probably the best I've seen. Still would like to go to Boston to hear the Pops and see that fireworks display. For now I'll just watch it from the comfort of my living room. Matt and Lina had a cookout at their place on the 4th and all of our kids were there. I even passed football with my kids and grandkids.

Since there are a few days left of this week's vacation we are going to get in the truck and hit the road. We never know where we wil end up and that's fine by both of us.

I participated in Relay for Life this year in New Carlisle. Our Curves had a team and we raised about $1200 in 6 weeks. We issued a challenge to our club's ladies to raise a $100. The catch was that I had to kiss a pig (that's right, a pig!) if they made their goal. They reached their goal and then some and yes! I kissed a pig!!! Not a piglet either. She was a 4H project and was over half grown. We've had a lot of laughs with this fund raiser but next year the manager gets to kiss the pig!

Time to hit the road, so until next time ---

Love you all,
Bonnie and Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment